This is just a notice that there is a Pacific Postal Weightlifting Competition to be held the weekend of the 27th/28th February.
Yes, the same weekend as WOD1 for the Opens.
WHAT DOES THIS INVOLVE?
- Open to ALL – Members and Non-members of Tumuora CrossFit
- Registration Fee of $20 (All funds go to CIWF – $10 to be allocated towards an annual member fee of $50, and $10 rego cost for the competition)
- POSSIBLY on the Saturday 28th Feb in the afternoon (we will need to confirm)
- Judged and run like a normal weightlifting competition – we will have 2 or 3 judges.
- You have 3 and only 3 lifts.
- You must submit a starting weight
- Each lift must be the same (if failed the 1st attempt) or higher than the previous lift. You can not go back down.
- You will be put into the different weight categories as prescribed by the Weightlifting Federation.
- Your C&J, Snatch, and Total lifts will be submitted. These lifts must be performed in accordance with the accepted standards of the IWF
- Your weight and age will also be submitted
This is a competition run in the whole of the Pacific region, for all weight and age classes.
When I get more details I will let you know.
For now can those interested in partaking in this competition please let us know so we can get an idea of the numbers??
Contact us on [email protected] or 55945
Please note that the WOD in the morning for the Opens will NOT be as taxing as a normal WOD you do at the box, so you will still have plenty of energy for this.